Sunday, June 3, 2012

Test Results

So here's my first educational entry. My last entry was about the day I got tested and found out I had HIV. This is a scanned copy of my test results.


I've blacked out my personal details. You can technically take the test anonymously but I thought whatever I'll just put my real name. The important part of this page is the bottom section with the screening test results. If I was HIV-, the words "HIV Antibody Test" would have been there and results column would have been "Nonreactive". Since all that is written there was the Syphilis Antibody Test results, that means that I tested reactive to the HIV antibodies and they needed to send my sample to San Lazaro hospital in Manila for the confirmatory test before I can officially say that I'm HIV+.

I hope this helps someone.

4 comments:

  1. to be considered HIV+, it should come from the western blot test, and dun nga yun pinapadala sa san lazaro. it's normal to feel anxious because you still have to wait for a couple of weeks or so, but just try to keep yourself relaxed, and stay away from stress. I am with you in this fight. God bless you always.

    ---Pinoy Positive
    http://pinoypositive101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pinoy Positive! Yeah, I'm not really stressing out anymore. I'm coping really well I think, thanks to my friends and thanks to my partner who also has HIV. Hope you're doing well too. Take care!

      Delete
  2. Psst... I think, we're really connected in so many ways... Haha! The client's laboratory code (you)... that's my employee number in our former employer!

    ReplyDelete