Monday, June 18, 2012

Back to Normal

Things are slowly getting back to normal at work. Most of the appraisals I had to do are done. My appraisal is done too, and even though it wasn't great, I got what I deserved. I'm actually looking forward to doing better at work now, which is weird since I'm planning to move back to Manila soon. I would honestly prefer to stay in my current company, but staying in my current city is kinda out of the question especially given how slow test results and treatments are.

It's been 4 weeks since I tested reactive for HIV antibodies and I still haven't received the results of my confirmatory test. I checked with Dr Jordana earlier today but she said the results weren't in yet. I haven't figured out when I'm going to go to Manila, but I've kinda decided to wait until I get the results of the Western Blot test first. I don't want to have to go through the whole testing thing in Manila again just to have to wait another 2 or 3 weeks.

When I get to Manila, I want to get the CD4 and the other baseline tests out of the way. Red is going to RITM tomorrow, so hopefully we'll have more details about the tests we need to take and how much everything is going to cost. I've read on a few websites that the initial CD4 test in RITM might be free and that the baseline tests are discounted at PGH, but we'll see what Red is able to find out tomorrow before we decide on what we're going to do and where we're going to get what done.

In the meantime, life goes on. 4 weeks into dealing with HIV and everything is going relatively smoothly. I'm just hoping that when I finally get my CD4 done that the results are good and I hope the rest of the baseline tests come out good as well. I hope it's that way for Red too.

No comments:

Post a Comment