Friday, June 15, 2012

Mission Accomplished

I did it. I completed all 17 remaining appraisals in less than 24 hours. Damn. I tried to be as fair as I could, and so far the ones I've completed haven't complained about the ratings I gave them. I've already told my team that I'm planning to move back to Manila. Some of them were ok, some have asked me to stay. One of my teammates cried and said she never felt as connected to a manager as she did with me. We hugged and without telling her exactly what I had, I said that if our city only had the same level and speed of treatment as Manila, maybe I wouldn't have gone home. All in all, today was a very productive day; my first honest to goodness productive day since I found out I was HIV+. I'm getting my groove back I think. If I do leave my current company, I think I'll be leaving them on a positive note. If I don't leave my current company, at the very least I won't be leaving my current city with that much baggage. Thank God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment